ACUVUE® contact lenses by Johnson & Johnson for nearly thirty years in the market!
With the innovation and quality that we have come to expect from Johnson & Johnson.
contact lenses brand from Johnson & Johnson has many years in the market. In fact, the ACUVUE lenses were already in development since the late fifties, but we only count from the time that Johnson & Johnson, through their Vistakon division, managed to turn the production process from manual to automated. ACUVUE®
was the first soft contact lens made of the material etafilcon A. A seven-day disposable lens, launched for the general public in 1987
. This was a great success and marked the beginning of a revolutionary growth in the use and development of the soft contact lens as we know it today.
Besides being the first one with the ACUVUE weekly lens, Johnson & Johnson was also the first to introduce the soft daily lens, the 1-DAY ACUVUE
, in 1995
. Then another first, with a bifocal soft contact lens in 1998
, the ACUVUE BIFOCAL
, and among one of the first with a toric soft contact lens in 2000
, followed by the first daily lens made from silicone hydrogel
, the 1-DAY ACUVUE TruEye
Johnson & Johnson stands out in respect to soft contact lens manufacturing for the consumers over other major manufacturers in a number of areas:
- at the moment, they have only one brand, ACUVUE (after ending production of the Surevue brand). All types of soft contact lenses fall under the ACUVUE brand.
- they have two standard Base Curves (B/C - Radius) for the 1-DAY ACUVUE lenses, namely 8.5 and 9.0.
- until 2016, ACUVUE had no monthly lenses, but exclusively daily disposable lenses, weekly (7-day) lenses and bi-weekly (14-day) lenses.
The most recent addition to the range is the ACUVUE VITA™
, a silicone hydrogel
monthly lens, available since late 2016, also through Lensdeal.
Here follows a brief overview of the current lenses available:
1-DAY ACUVUE MOIST
- daily lenses of silicone hydrogel material with LACREON technology.1-DAY ACUVUE MOIST for ASTIGMATISM
- daily lenses of silicone hydrogel material with LACREON Technology and cylinder options.1-DAY ACUVUE MOIST MULTIFOCAL
- daily lenses of silicone hydrogel material with LACREON Technology and multifocal properties.1-DAY ACUVUE defineSparkle and Shimmer
- daily lenses of silicone hydrogel material with LACREON Technology and extra eye colour enhancement.(no longer sold in Europe as of early 2018))1-DAY ACUVUE TruEye
- daily lenses of silicone hydrogel material with HYDRACLEAR 1 Technology.(no longer available as of December 2018, out of production, product is replaced by the superior Acuvue Oasys 1-Day)ACUVUE OASYS 1-Day
- daily lenses of silicone hydrogel material (senofilcon A) with HydraLuxe Technology and a larger diameter. The latest daily lens (August 2016).
- weekly lenses of silicone hydrogel material.ACUVUE ADVANCE
- weekly lenses of silicone hydrogel material with HYDRACLEAR Technology (out of production since September 2016)
.ACUVUE ADVANCE for Astigmatism
- weekly lenses of silicone hydrogel material with HYDRACLEAR Technology and cylinder options (out of production since September 2016)
- weekly lenses of silicone hydrogel material with HYDRACLEAR PLUS Technology.ACUVUE OASYS for Astigmatism
- weekly lenses of silicone hydrogel material with HYDRACLEAR PLUS Technology and cylinder options.ACUVUE OASYS for Presbyopia
- weekly lenses of the silicone hydrogel material senofilcon A, with HYDRACLEAR PLUS Technology and multifocal options.
- the latest addition to the ACUVUE range of soft contact lenses. It uses a whole newly developed silicone hydrogel material, senofilcon C in combination with the new HydraMax™ Technology, to keep the lens moist for the longest time, and the INFINITY EDGE™ lens finish. This lens is superior in wearing comfort and that is noticeable, not only from day one, but certainly by the end of the month.
ACUVUE VITA™ for Astigmatism - introduced late 2018. With this addittion of cylinders makes this high quaity monthly lens a viable option for all that have an Astigimatism.